Fibromyalgia (FM) symptoms can be different for everyone experiencing them. Some find themselves battling all of the common symptoms, while others only have a few to cope with. FM affects around 5 million of those living in the USA, with 90% of these being females. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
- Extreme tiredness: Fatigue is a hallmark symptom of fibromyalgia. No matter what one does, it is nearly impossible to feel rested.
- Abnormal headaches: These can come in the form of a migraine or just a mild tension headache, but they occur more often in those with FM.
- Widespread pain: Pain is felt throughout the entire body, particularly in the joint areas and the neck, legs, and arms.
- Weakness: Felt in the arms and legs, it often accompanies the musculoskeletal pain.
- Brain fog: Also referred to as fibro fog, it is a problem with concentration, remembering words, and thinking.
Natural Relief is Available for Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is becoming better understood as more and more research is being done. One thing that has been discovered is that those suffering from fibromyalgia experience an overstimulation to pain. This contributes to widespread pain and fatigue. A link has been seen between a misalignment in the upper cervical spine and the onset of fibromyalgia. Many are now turning to upper cervical chiropractors for long-lasting, safe relief.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and fibromyalgia download our complimentary e-book Simple and Extremely Effective Ways to End Fibromyalgia Symptoms without Drugs by clicking the image below.
How Upper Cervical Chiropractic Helps
The spine has the serious responsibility of protecting the delicate spinal cord. The C1 (atlas) and C2 (axis) vertebrae are essential to the health of the central nervous system that includes the brainstem. If a misalignment occurs in one of these vertebrae, it can wreak havoc on the entire body as communication between the brain and body can become compromised. Therefore, the brain may be receiving a signal that there is pain in the body when there is no pain. This may cause symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.
At Atlas Chiropractic, we use a gentle method to help these bones to realign. Once the body heals from the damage done by the misalignment, fibromyalgia symptoms may become less severe or even resolve entirely.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Seivert call 512-352-1300 or just click the button below.